Peach season is in full swing here in Southern Ontario and we couldn’t be happier. We’re not sure what it is about the peach that we like best. Maybe, it’s a combination of it’s cute shape, bright happy colour and sweet taste, or perhaps because of the nostalgia we get when biting into one and reminiscing about our childhood frolics through the peach orchards in Niagara. One thing is for sure, we love peaches and we are pleased to share our recipe for our Grilled Peach Salsa!
- 6 ripe peaches
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely diced
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely diced
- Cut peaches in 1/2 along the creases and remove pit.
- Brush peaches lightly with cooking oil of your choice (we used grape seed oil).
- Place cut side down on BBQ that’s been preheated to medium temp.
- Grill for 4 min and then flip and cook for another 4 min.
- Remove from grill and let cool.
- Once cooled down, peel skin off peaches and dice into cubes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, on top of grilled fish, chicken or on top of a summery salad.
Be sure to check the blog again on Friday for a new recipe made using this salsa!