The sun is shining and it feels like summer again. With the nice weather back and the weekend to look forward to, we figured it was time for something refreshing and with a bit of a kick. We couldn’t think of anything more refreshing than the citrusy bite of lime, mixed with the cooling sensation of mint, ice, sugar, rum and a splash of soda. That’s right, you guessed it, it’s Mojito time!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 16 oz glass):
- 1 lime
- 6 mint leaves (we used fresh chocolate-mint leaves from our garden)
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 oz white rum
- soda water
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Before you begin stick your glass in the freezer for about ten minutes
- Slice lime into wedges. Squeeze all the wedges into your frosted glass, leaving 2 wedges aside
- Add mint leaves, sugar and rum. With a muddler (or like object) ‘muddle’ the ingredients, this will extract the mint flavour from the leaves
- Add ice and top off with a splash of soda water.
- Enjoy in the sun!