It’s always nice to shake up your morning routine sometimes. This morning, instead of the usual smoothie or shake to go, we made a nice sit down breakfast to enjoy while catching up on reading some of our favourite blogs. With a love for asparagus and we picked up, what we were told was some of the last of this seasons Ontario Asparagus crop at the market earlier on in the week. Thinking we should use it up, and decided to make this omelette with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Dill. It tasted fantastic and was a welcomed change to my usual morning routine.
- 3 eggs
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill finely chopped
- goat cheese (about 1/4 of a regular sized package)
- 3 spears of asparagus chopped
- beat eggs, season with salt and pepper and add fresh dill
- pre-heat skillet on medium
- add asparagus for 3-4 minutes or until partially cooked through
- add egg and dill mixture to the pan
- cook for 2 min and add goat cheese in small clumps
- cover with the lid of a large pot & cook for 5 minutes (or until cooked trough)
- remove from skillet, serve and enjoy!