Taking full advantage of all of the wonderful local fruit in season now (but not for much longer!), we decided to whip up something sweet. For our spin on a classic fruit crumble, we chose ripe Niagara peaches, sweet apricots and juicy red cherries to be the stars in this sweet treat. Make this for the long weekend and we promise you’ll impress your friends and family with very little effort at all!
It may look plain when it first comes out of the oven but wait until you cut into it.
Beautiful, colourful bursts of flavour in every bite. What started out as an experiment has actually become one of our faves! Isn’t it great when that happens?!
We hope you enjoy! Recipe below.
for the filling:
- 3 apricots, pitted and sliced
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 handfuls of cherrys, stems removed, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- a couple dashes of cinnamon
- splash of vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix all of the ingredients for the filling (listed above) in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour contents of mixing bowl into a pie plate or baking dish
- Add all of the ingredients for the crumble (listed above) into a medium sized mixing bowl and mix throughly with your hands to combine.
- Spread crumble on top of fruit mixture with your hands, covering the entire top of the dessert.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 min or until crumble is golden brown on top.
- Enjoy on it’s own or with ice cream.