We’ve recently gotten on the coconut oil train, have you? We love it for it’s versatility- you can use it to cook or bake with but can also use it as an amazing treat for your skin and hair. In this simple dish, we combined coconut oil, green chilis and lime juice with shrimp for a delicious combination of flavours.
The marinade we’ve created gives shrimp a light coconut lime flavour with just a little kick from the chillies. It’s the perfect combination of slightly sweet, citrus and spice. Eat it on it’s own as an app, put it on top of a summery salad or feature it as a main course with your favourite summery sides. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 green chillies
- 12-14 large raw shrimp, de-shelled
- melt coconut oil and set aside to cool
- chop chilies and add to coconut oil
- add lime juice to the coconut oil
- toss shrimp in coconut oil and set aside for 10 min, mixing every once and a while
- heat skillet to medium high
- add shrimp mixture and cook until pink