Living in Ontario we are so lucky to have such an abundance of local fruits and vegetables readily available, especially at this time of year. Our Summer Quinoa Salad is made with ripe peaches from Niagara, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil from our own urban garden here in downtown Toronto , organic quinoa and balsamic vinaigrette. It’s great by itself but can also be served on top of mixed greens to make it a meal on it’s own.
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 large, ripe peaches- pitted and sliced
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 1 BIG handful of basil -roughly torn up
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa, peaches, tomatoes and basil in a large mixing bowl.
- In another small dish, mix olive oil, balsamic and salt and pepper until combined.
- Drizzle dressing onto salad & mix to combine ingredients.
- Enjoy on it’s own or on top of mixed greens or baby spinach.