It’s always nice to have some homemade strawberry jam on hand. It can be put on your morning toast, served on top of vanilla ice cream, or even stirred into some oatmeal to change things up a bit. When preserved properly in jars, it also makes a really nice homemade gift to bring to the hostess of your next summer party. Today we share a super easy, no fuss and not too sweet strawberry jam recipe that we learned from Grandma B.
- 3 quarts of fresh Ontario Strawberries (makes 4 250ml jars of jam)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- juice of 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- Wash and hull strawberries
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse a couple of times until strawberries are chopped up but not pureed if you like some texture to your jam
- Transfer into a large pot
- Add sugar and lemon juice and stir
- Cook on medium high, stirring frequently
- Cook until jam bubbles and thickens about 1/2 an hour
- Optional: Preserve in preserving jars, we used Bernardin jars with snap lids
- Enjoy however you like!