Here is a recipe for one of our favourite summer salads: Green Apple & Beet Salad! This is very simple to make and only uses a few ingredients you are most likely to already have at home. It combines the earthy and sweet flavour of red beets with the slightly tart taste of green apple. Top it off with a light apple cider vinaigrette and fresh picked cilantro and it’s the perfect side salad for lunch or dinner. It keeps well for up to 3 days in the fridge so it also makes a great make ahead salad to bring to work for lunch or a healthy snack. We love how this recipe is so simple yet creates a very exciting result in both looks and taste. Don’t you just love those complementary colours?
INGREDIENTS serves 2
- 2 large beets cooked, cooled, peeled & diced into 1/4″ chunks
- 1 large Granny Smith apple diced into 1/4″ chunks
- 1 tbsp freshly picked, chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix beets, apples and cilantro together in a medium mixing bowl
- In a smaller bowl, add apple cider, sugar, s&p and whisk together
- Drizzle in grape seed oil while whisking
- Add dressing to beet & apple mixture and toss
- Serve and enjoy!